Sometimes I get so caught up in how hard things can be or how tired I am that I forget to just stop and appreciate all the amazing things in my life. Because, I am pretty darn lucky.
So, here's my happy list for all of you on this beautiful Wednesday afternoon.
- That smiling boy in the picture above. I mean, really, how did I get so lucky?
- That said, I am so thankful for naptime. He is exhausting. I have no idea what I am going to do the day he decides to give up the whole nap thing. The couple hours I get each day to just sit quietly are glorious. It's my recharge time.
- Aaron. He helps keep me balanced, or, at the very least, helps keep my emotions in check (I am not thankful for hormone fluctuations).
- Video baby monitors. BEST.invention.EVER.
- Breast pumps. Actually, this is a love / hate thing. I hate that I spend more than an hour of my day hooked up to a machine pumping me like a cow (in addition to nursing 4-5 times per day), but am so thankful because, without it, my supply would have died months ago.
- Freezers. Without my freezer I wouldn't be able to store the hundreds (probably more like thousands) of ounces of pumped milk and extra pyrex dishes of food so that I can cook in large batches. Sometimes the things that seem so little, are really so huge.