I am a BIG mustard fan. And, whole grain mustard? the best! So, naturally, when I saw this mustard chicken recipe, I had to try it.
You guys, this recipe is incredible (assuming, of course, that you like mustard). And, as if it couldn't get any better, it does. Oh yes it does. It's also healthy AND the easiest thing I have ever made. So easy my 11 month old could make it. Okay, I lie about that last part.
I paired it with some white jasmine rice which was perfect for soaking up the extra mustard sauce, however, it would also be great with brown rice, quinoa or even mashed potatoes.
Servings: 4-5 healthy portions, 6 lighter portions
Prep time: 5 minutes, Total time: 50 minutes (not including marinading time)
1/3 cup grainy mustard
1/3 cup Dijon mustard
1/2 cup honey
1 tablespoon soy sauce
8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Rinse chicken thighs with cold water, pat with a paper towel, and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine grainy mustard, dijon mustard, honey and soy sauce. Mix well. Add chicken and toss to coat.
- Side Note: I've also prepared this the night before and marinated overnight. Simply combine all ingredients in a gallon size zip-lock bag and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready, place the thighs and sauce in a roasting dish, spooning sauce over the thighs. Bake for 45 minutes or until juices run clear. Spoon sauce over the thighs and serve.
I know I already said it, but this chicken is amazing!